This is my second year in this major. The DFN major option I is a five year major, the fifth year being the year that you are interning, giving you the ability to take the board exam certifying you to become a registered dietician. This is a 61.5 credit major. 

The second option is a 54 credit major whitch concentrates more in working in the food services industry. You do not need a minor in order to pursue these majors. luckily, outside of the DFN office there's are sheets showing you what courses you should be taking every semester. the downside is that if you do not follow the sheet then you may come across complications because almost every class has a prerequisite in which show be taken the previous semester. 

Currently, I am taking anatomy and physiology 182 lecture and lab, DFN 120 lecture and lab, organic chemistry 120 lecture and lab, and biostatistics. My favorite class is DFN lab because we cook every other week. After each group has created their dish we all come together talk about our dishes and then taste them. One of my best dishes so far has been the apple pie. Above are some pictures of the foods that were created in class.

As mentioned before , this is the sheet showing the reccomended course sequence for the DFN Major for option I and II.

I recommend that these courses be taken in this fashion because almost every course requires a prerequisite before it can be taken, so if that is the case the best thing to do is to work in order. You can recceive a copy of this sheet in Gillet hall, outside of room 435.